Discarded cigarette blamed for setting wood chippings on fire in Yate front garden

September 27 2021
Discarded cigarette blamed for setting wood chippings on fire in Yate front garden

FIREFIGHTERS say a blaze which broke out in a Yate front garden was probably caused by a discarded cigarette.

Crews from Yate fire station were called to Fletcher Road, Ladden Garden Village, shortly after 6.45am today.

They found wood chippings in the garden were "well alight" and needed to use a hose to put out the flames.

An Avon Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "The fire is thought to have been caused by a cigarette. 

"We'd urge residents to reduce fire risks by ensuring cigarettes are put out, right out."