Pets rescued from Yate house fire

October 31 2018
Pets rescued from Yate house fire

A cat and bearded dragon have been rescued from a house fire by firefighters.

Two crews from Yate attended in the incident on Station Road in Yate and found a fire in the living room of the property.

Four firefighters in breathing apparatus used two high-pressure hose reels and one 45mm jet to extinguish the fire.

They also used thermal imaging cameras to check for hotspots and a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear smoke from the property.

The cause of the fire is thought to be accidental.