Police want to trace these people over Yate rave where officers were attacked

December 07 2020
Police want to trace these people over Yate rave where officers were attacked

POLICE investigating an illegal rave in Yate during which officers were attacked have released images of 20 people they are trying to identify.

The rave at the Stover Trading Estate on Halloween night was attended by up to 700 people.

Police say it descended into "appalling violence" when officers who had been called to the scene by residents were pelted with bottles and lit spray cans, leaving some of them injured, as they tried to prevent up to 300 more people getting to the rave.

So far 12 people have been arrested in connection with the rave, while two organisers have been given £10,000 fines for breaching COVID-19 regulations.

After releasing 38 pictures last month, taken from video footage recorded on cameras worn by officers, detectives have today released 20 more.

They have asked anyone who recognises one or more of the people in the pictures to call them on 101, quoting incident number 5220 247 128 and the code relating to the picture of the person they believe they recognise.

From the 38 images released last month, 15 suspects have been identified by police, who are investigating a variety of alleged offences.

A 23-year-old man from Newent in Gloucestershire has been summonsed to appear at Bristol Magistrates Court on charges of assaulting an emergency worker, criminal damage and failure to leave a rave, while police say others are due to receive court summons in the near future.

Detective Superintendent Lisa Simpson said: “We’re grateful for the public’s support with coming forward with names to help us identify people not known to our officers.

It makes a huge difference to our enquiry as we look to fully investigate what happened over the Halloween weekend and bring those involved to justice.”

The rave lasted from the evening of on October 31 into following afternoon, at an empty warehouse in Millbrook Road, which was trashed.

Residents reported fireworks being let off at 3am, with music still being heard at around 9am, as the organisers brought a generator to keep their sound system running after electricity to the warehouse was cut off.