Business as usual after Chipping Sodbury pub chimney fire

January 11 2019
Business as usual after pub chimney fire

FIRE crews from Bath and Yate were called to the Royal Oak Pub in Chipping Sodbury because of a chimney fire.

A spokesman for the Royal Oak Pub said it was a small fire in the chimney.

He said: “It was part of the old flue that caught alight. The fire brigade was there prompt and put it out really quickly.”

There was no disruption for customers because of the fire on January 9.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze with specialist equipment.

The pub management posted a message of thanks to the firefighters on Facebook, saying: “No one is injured, we're open as normal and serving a selection of smoked meat dishes this evening. Our huge thanks to Avon Fire and Rescue. Exceptionally professional and a really nice group of lads.”

Picture above shows firefighters at the Royal Oak. Photo courtesy of Yate Fire Station