Two people treated by ambulance crews after house fire

August 02 2016

A FIRE in a house in Wickwar, near Chipping Sodbury, is thought to have started accidentally in a sauna room.

A FIRE in a house in Wickwar, near Chipping Sodbury, is thought to have started accidentally in a sauna room.
Two people were treated by paramedics for the effects of smoke inhalation at the scene after the incident in Station Road.
Three fire engines from Yate and Kingswood were joined by a fourth from Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service after the blaze was reported at the two storey home.  Firefighters in breathing apparatus used high pressure hose reels and jets to tackle the fire on the first floor.
Avon Fire and Rescue Service said there was fire and heat damage throughout the first floor of the property.
The two people in the house at the time of the fire had managed to escape by the time crews arrived.