Washing basket on hob caused serious house fire in Yate

August 02 2016

A PLASTIC clothes basket accidentally left on an electric hob caused a fire which severely damaged a house in Yate.

A PLASTIC clothes basket accidentally left on an electric hob caused a fire which severely damaged a house in Yate.
The terraced house in Edgworth was ablaze when Avon Fire and Rescue crews arrived on the scene.
Seven crews in breathing apparatus used two high pressure hose reels and three water jets to tackle the fire, which caused extensive damage to the ground and first floor of the house and also spread to the loft.
Adjoining homes suffered smoke damage but no-one was injured.